History of Venezuela!

Today I chose to write about Venezuela, the reason for this is because my father grew up in Venezuela and moved to the US when he was 18. Venezuela has a very lengthy history of political turmoil and autocracy, however, it still remains a beautiful country. In 1811 Venezuela became one of the first Spanish-American colonies to declare independence, however, the independence was not securely established until 1821. In 1821 Venezuela was a department of the federal republic of Gran Colombia, in 1830 Venezuela gained full independence as it's own country. Venezuela is a country that flourishes through it's culture that being food music and dance, the food of Venezuela will forever be near to my heart. Growing up my grandma would make all kinds of food and teach us how to speak Spanish. She always wanted us to know what we came from and thrive through our Latin culture. Though Venezuela has it's culture it also has a history which can be quite a conversation topic. Being lead by people such as Jose Antonio Paez, Marcos Perez Jimenez, and Hugo Chavez, the country has suffered politically and economically. Under the president Nicolas Maduro the country's unemployment rates skyrocketed, corporations have closed, and productivity has greatly deteriorated. The country is continuing in the reparations from Maduro's presidency, with the current president Juan Guaido. Seeing my country struggle so severely is painful to see, but my hope for the country to recover and thrive in the post of the damages done is much greater than the pain. I know in my heart that one day Venezuela will thrive as the great country it used to be, so I will continue to wait for my country. I know that one day I will be able to return to Venezuela and reconnect with the family I've lost touch with through the troubling times.

Islands for adoption:

Aruba - Puerto Rico - Jamaica

Comments

  1. you need to add more pictures to your post and also include more information. i love how you add your personal life story to it and did not get off topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great introduction to the island, I would've like to see more pictures maybe a map of the island or just an overview shot of the scenery but besides that really great! Also don't forget to cite your sources.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts